Siebel Reports Guide > Administering Siebel Reports > Optimizing the Performance of Siebel Reports >
Setting the Waiting Period
The waiting period sets the time that Siebel CRM waits before it sends a report to run in the background. It is recommended that you set this time. For example, if a report requires 90 seconds to finish running, and if you set the wait time to 60, then Siebel CRM does the following:
- Runs the report in the foreground for 60 seconds. The user cannot use the client during these 60 seconds.
- Displays a message after 60 seconds that is similar to the following:
XMLP Report Generation time exceeds the Threshold time. Please see the generated Report Output File in the BIP my Reports view.
The user can start using the client immediately after dismissing this message.
- Adds the finished report to the My Reports view after 90 seconds.
High interactivity does not use the waiting period if report notification is enabled. For more information, see Enabling Report Notification in High Interactivity.
To set the waiting period
- Log in to the Siebel application with administrator privileges.
- Navigate to the Administration - Application screen, and then the System Preferences view.
- In the System Preferences list, choose BIP Report Wait Time, and then modify the System Preference Value.
The minimum value is 0, which configures Siebel CRM to send all reports to the background immediately. For information about this view, see Running Reports in Siebel CRM Clients.
- Restart the Siebel Server.