Siebel Reports Guide > Administering Siebel Reports > Doing Typical Administrative Tasks >
Configuring Siebel CRM to Automatically Delete Reports
This topic describes how to configure Siebel CRM to automatically delete reports from the Siebel File System and the Oracle BI Publisher Server which frees up memory.
CAUTION: To avoid deleting or corrupting the report repository, it is recommended that only an administrator configure Siebel CRM to automatically remove reports from the Siebel File System or the Oracle BI Publisher Server. Business users and other users can delete individual report instances, but they must configure Siebel CRM to automatically delete all reports. For more information, see Deleting Reports and Types of Users Who Use Siebel Reports.
Deleting Reports from the Siebel File System
It is recommended that you configure Siebel CRM to regularly delete reports from the Siebel File System.
To delete reports from the Siebel File System
- Log in to the Siebel application with administrator privileges.
- Navigate to the Administration - Application screen, and then the System Preferences view.
- In the System Preferences list, query the System Preference Name field for BIP Delete After Days.
- Modify the value in the System Preference Value field to a positive, nonzero value.
Siebel CRM sets the value to -1 (minus 1), by default. This preference determines how frequently Siebel CRM runs the Auto Purge workflow process. This workflow removes reports from the database and the Siebel File System after the number of days that you specify. For example, to keep only the reports that Siebel CRM created during the most recent seven days, you set the value to 7. Siebel CRM then deletes all reports that are more than seven days old.
It is recommended that you set this value to the lowest value possible while still meeting your report requirements, particularly in a large deployment where users create many reports. Setting this parameter to a low value prevents the Siebel File System from increasing to an unmanageable size.
For more information about modifying the Auto Purge workflow process, or using a workflow process to schedule a job to run periodically, see Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide.
- Navigate to the Administration - Server Management screen, and then the Jobs view.
- Add a new job named Workflow Process Manager.
- In the Job Parameters list, add a parameter to the job you added in Step 6. Use values from the following table:
Workflow Process Name
XMLP Purge Records
- Click Submit.
- Restart the Siebel Server.
Deleting Scheduled Reports from the Oracle BI Publisher Server
Siebel CRM stores scheduled reports that users create in the Oracle BI Publisher scheduling database. It is recommended that you configure Siebel CRM to regularly delete these reports. You cannot remove scheduled reports from the Siebel application or by using the Oracle BI Publisher administration application.
To remove scheduled reports from the Oracle BI Publisher Server