Siebel Reports Guide > Customizing Siebel CRM Reports > Defining Optional Fields When Registering Report Templates >
Sharing Report Templates
This topic describes how to share a report template across positions and organizations. For more information about how Siebel CRM uses positions and organizations, see How Siebel CRM Controls Access to Reports.
To share report templates
- Log in to the Siebel client with administrator privileges.
- Navigate to the Administration - BIP Publisher Reports screen, and then the Reports - Custom Templates view.
- In the templates list, locate the report template you must modify.
- (Optional) Specify the positions that can access the report:
- Click the Report Access field.
The Report Access field is available only in the Reports - Custom Templates view. For more information, see Views You Use to Register Report Templates.
- In the Position dialog box, choose the positions that must access the report, click Add, and then click OK.
The Report Access field determines the users who can access the report template according to position. If a user is associated with the position you add, then this user can access this report template or share report the output that Siebel creates when it uses this template. You can use the CTRL key to choose multiple positions.
- (Optional) Specify the organizations that can access the report:
- Click the Organization field.
- In the Organizations dialog box, choose the organization that must access the report, click Add, and then click OK.