Siebel Reports Guide > Customizing Siebel CRM Reports >
Defining Optional Fields When Registering Report Templates
This topic describes how to define the optional fields when you register a report template. It includes the following information:
To define optional fields when registering report templates
- Specify the start date and end date:
- Choose a start date in the Start Date field, and then click Done.
The start and end dates specify the time period when the user can run the report. A predefined report does not include a value in the Start Date field. Siebel CRM automatically enters a value in the Start Date field for a custom report that you create. You can change this value at any time:
- If you choose a start date, then you must also choose an end date.
- If you choose an end date, then you must also choose a start date.
- Choose an end date in the End Date field, and then click Done.
Siebel CRM no longer displays the report in the Run Report pane after the end date occurs. If you leave the End Date field empty, then Siebel CRM will always display the report.
- Configure the default Output Type. In the Output Type field, choose the output format that Siebel CRM automatically uses when it saves the report.
You typically set this value to All. If you choose only one output type, then Siebel CRM does not display the Report Output Type dialog box when the user chooses this report in the Run Report pane. Instead, it saves the report using the value that you choose in the Output Type field. For more information, see Output File Types That Siebel Reports Supports.
- Configure the default language for the report template:
- Choose the XLIFF file that contains the strings that Siebel CRM uses for column names, field names, and captions in the report:
- In the XLIFF field, click the Magnifying Glass.
- In the Add Attachment dialog box, click Choose File and then navigate to the following folder:
Siebel CRM stores XLIFF files in this folder. For more information, see Directory Structure That Siebel Reports Uses.
You must specify an XLIFF file so that Siebel CRM can register a report template even if this report template is not multilingual.
- Choose the XLIFF file that this report must use, and then click Add.
- Specify the following optional fields:
- Add a check mark to the Selected Records field to allow users to choose records.
For more information, see Allowing Users to Choose The Records That a Report Contains.
- Specify how to share this report template:
- Add report parameters.
For more information, see Customizing Reports That Use Parameters.