Siebel Reports Guide > Troubleshooting Siebel Reports > Enabling and Disabling Logging for Siebel Reports >
Enabling Logging and Debugging on the Oracle BI Publisher Server
This topic describes how to enable logging and debugging on the Oracle BI Publisher Server.
Enabling Logging on the Oracle BI Publisher Server
You can configure the Oracle BI Publisher Server to create log files that collect detailed information about errors that occur when the user runs a report in a connected client. You can use these log files to determine how much time Siebel CRM requires to run a report, and so on. For information about enabling logging for the Oracle BI Publisher Server, see the chapter about setting the system maintenance options in Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher Administrator's and Developer's Guide, Release 10.1.3.4 available on Oracle Technology Network (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/documentation/index.html).
Enabling Debugging on the Oracle BI Publisher Server
You can configure Oracle BI Publisher Server to capture detailed information about errors that occur while working with Siebel Reports in the Siebel Web Client. This debugging is in addition to the typical debugging capabilities that are available in Siebel CRM.
To enable debugging on the Oracle BI Publisher Server
- Log in to Oracle BI Publisher Server with administrator privileges.
- Click the Admin tab, and then Server Configuration under System Maintenance.
- Change the Debug Level from Exception to Debug, and then click Apply.
- Use a text editor to create a new file named xdodebug.cfg. Save this file in the following folder:
- Add the following code to the file you created in Step 4: