Siebel Reports Guide > Troubleshooting Siebel Reports > Enabling and Disabling Logging for Siebel Reports >
Enabling and Disabling Debugging in Disconnected Clients
You can configure the Oracle BI Publisher XDO Engine to create log files that collect detailed information about errors that occur when the user runs a report in a disconnected client. You can use the log files to identify problems that occur with the JAR (Java ARchive) files or the Oracle BI Publisher report template files.
Enabling Debugging in Disconnected Clients
Use the following procedure to enable debugging for the Oracle BI Publisher XDO Engine.
To enable debugging in disconnected clients
- Use a text editor to create a file named xdodebug.cfg.
- Add the following code to the file you created in Step 1:
LogDir=path to logging folder
- Place the file you created in Step 1 in the
jre\lib folder that the Siebel client uses.
- Make sure the folder that the LogDir parameter specifies exists.
Siebel CRM saves the log files that it creates in this folder. If an error occurs when the user runs a report in a disconnected client, then Siebel CRM creates an xdo.log file and saves it in the directory that the .cfg file specifies. You can use this log file to troubleshoot the problem.
Disabling Debugging in Disconnected Clients
You can disable debugging for the Oracle BI Publisher XDO Engine to optimize Siebel Reports performance in a disconnected client.
To disable debugging in disconnected clients
- Back up the xdo.cfg file:
- Access the computer where the Siebel Developer Web Client is installed.
- Copy the xdo.cfg that resides in the
jre\lib installation folder to another computer.
- Remove or rename the xdo.cfg that resides in the