Siebel Developer's Reference > Business Component User Properties > Controlling Search and Sort >
Overriding Sort Specifications on Business Components
The All Mode Sort user property overrides the default sort specification that a business component contains. It can contain one of the following values:
- Normal. Use the Sort Specification property of the business component. This value allows the user to run a predefined query that incorporates a SORT. Any query that Siebel CRM does in a workflow process uses this Sort Specification property even if no visibility is set for the view.
- TRUE. Override the Sort Specification property of the business component. Use the U1 index. This index is the predefined user key. If Siebel CRM defines this user key on the primary extension table, especially for a business component that references the S_PARTY table, then this behavior reverts to Normal.
- FALSE. Remove all sorting.
Guidelines for Overriding Sort Specifications on Business Components
Siebel CRM overrides the sort specification on the business component for some visibility types to force the view to use an ORDER BY sort with the predefined user key. The All Mode Sort user property determines whether Siebel CRM overrides this sort specification. If it does do this override, then this user property determines the sort that Siebel CRM applies, if any, to the business component for the affected views.
If you set the Visibility Applet Type property of the view to one of the following values, then the All Mode Sort user property affects this view:
Note the following:
- If you set this user property to Personal or Sales Rep, then the All Mode Sort user property does not affect the view.
- If you configure the default sort order so that it sorts one of these views, then this configuration might display a large amount of data that Siebel CRM typically sorts only according to a user key.
- If you use All Mode Sort to override the default sort behavior, then it is recommended that you contact your database administrator to get guidance on how the database indexes the sort-by fields.
- It is recommended that you performance test the view and any reports that use the view.