|C H A P T E R 1|
Sun XVR-4000 Graphics Accelerator Installation Overview
This chapter provides the installation process for the Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator. For an overview of the Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator, Sun Fire V880z server, and installation kit contents, see Chapter 2.
1. Insert the Sun Fire V880z Operating Environment Installation DVD and boot your system from it (Chapter 3).
2. Install the Solaris 8 2/02 software (Chapter 3).
If you are installing the Solaris 9 4/03 operating environment, it already has the software needed for the Sun Fire V880z server including the Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator. After installing that Solaris release (or a subsequent release), continue to Step 4 to install OpenGL 1.3, Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator patches, and extra value software from the Sun XVR-4000 Graphics Accelerator CD.
4. Insert the Sun XVR-4000 Graphics Accelerator CD into the DVD-ROM drive (Chapter 3) and type:
5. Install the second Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator hardware, if required (Chapter 4). Sun Fire V880z already contains one Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator.
1. Edit the Xservers configuration file for two Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerators (Chapter 5).
2. Install the second Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator hardware (Chapter 4).
1. OpenBoot PROM version 4.7.0 or later is required. If the OpenBoot PROM version is less than version 4.7.0, install the OpenBoot PROM upgrade (Appendix C).
2. Perform the Sun Fire V880z server upgrade (Appendix D).
Be sure that you have the proper patches for your installation. Chapter 3 lists the product software packages and patches.