Power Down Server Gracefully Using the Oracle ILOM CLI
Performing a graceful shut down ensures that all of your data is saved
and the system is ready for restart.
- Log in to the server as superuser or equivalent.
Depending on the nature of the problem, you might want to view the
system status or the log files or run diagnostics before you shut down
- Notify affected users that the server will be powered down.
- Save any open files and quit all running programs.
Refer to your application documentation for specific information on these processes.
- Log in to the Oracle ILOM command-line interface (CLI) using an Administrator account.
For instructions, see the Installation , Log In to Oracle ILOM Remotely Using the Command-Line Interface.
- At the Oracle ILOM prompt, shut down the operating system:
-> stop /System
If the system is running the Oracle Solaris OS, refer to the Oracle
Solaris system administration documentation for additional information.
- Disconnect the power and cables from the server.
See Disconnect Cables From the Server.
- Disconnect the power and data cables from the server.