Power Down Server Gracefully Using the Oracle ILOM Web Interface
- Log in to the server as superuser or equivalent.
Depending on the nature of the problem, you might want to view the
system status or the log files or run diagnostics before you shut down
- Notify affected users that the server will be powered down.
- Save any open files and quit all running programs.
Refer to your application documentation for specific information on these processes.
- Log in to the Oracle ILOM web interface using an Administrator account.
For instructions, see the Installation , Log In to Oracle ILOM Remotely Using the Web Interface.
The Oracle ILOM web interface Summary page appears.
- In the left pane, click Host Management > Power Control, and select Graceful
Shutdown and Power Off from the Actions list.
- Click Save and OK.
The host server performs an orderly power shutdown.