Enabling XKB on Oracle Solaris Systems
If you are using the desktop for the Oracle Solaris operating system on
a SPARC platform, you must enable XKB on your system before you can
use the AccessX preference tool, Screen Reader and Magnifier, or On-Screen Keyboard.
Note - XKB is not currently supported on Sun Ray systems.
To Enable XKB on a Non-Sun Ray Oracle Solaris System
- Log in as the root user.
- Check whether the path and the /etc/dt/config/Xservers file exists on your system.
- If the /etc/dt/config directory does not exist, type the following command:
# mkdir -p /etc/dt/config
- If the Xservers file is not present, type the following command:
# cp /usr/dt/config/Xservers /etc/dt/config/Xservers
- In the Xservers file, scroll to the end of the file.
- Append the following line to the command line at the end of
- Save and close the Xservers file.
- Type the following command on a command line:
pkill -HUP dtlogin
- In the /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file, scroll to the end of the file until you
see the line [server - standard].
- Edit the command line in this section to append the following to the
end of the line:
- Save and close the gdm.conf file.
- Log out of your session and log in again.
- To verify whether XKB is running, type the following command:
- Search for XKEYBOARD in the extensions list.