Go to main content
34.3 Setting Up the First Domino Web Server
After successfully installing, you must set up the first Domino server.
To set up the first Domino server:
- Run /opt/lotus/bin/http httpsetup.
By default, Domino uses port 8081.
- Ensure that port 8081 is not already in use.
- Launch a browser and enter the URL that follows.
- Follow instructions on the screen and keep the following in mind.
Check HTTP to get the Web server.
Ensure the designated Administrator has a first and last name.
Keep passwords simple, and record them in a safe location. For example, oracleoracle.
- Run all commands as the UNIX user that you've configured for this Domino Web server.
Do not run as root.