Meeting Matrix Interface
MeetingMatrix™ is a graphical function space design tool for use by sales managers, catering staff and convention services personnel. When a function space is assigned to an event, the MeetingMatrix interface provides a scale drawing of the room for use in designing the layout of resources such as tables, chairs, podiums, audio-visual equipment, food and beverage stations, and so on. MeetingMatrix is fully integrated with the OPERA S&C function space management, event planning, and function diary features.
The MeetingMatrix function space planning tool can be used to:
- Design accurate graphical layouts of your available function spaces, including curved walls, pillars, windows, and doors. Layouts can then be used to graphically show how various setup styles can be accommodated by the function space. Seating arrangement options adhere to industry standard space requirements.
- Easily compare features of alternative function spaces and set- up styles. Design proposals can be viewed on screen, printed, faxed, and e-mailed to clients. Accurate diagrams can help speed planning by showing clients that your meeting spaces can meet their needs.
- Prepare 360° 3D views of the function space configured to the client's specifications.
- Graphically show positioning and relative sizes of resource items such as audiovisual equipment, stage risers, podiums, dance floors, pianos, portable bars, chairs and tables, and other critical details. Resources are shown to scale in the function space. Diagrams can be provided to catering managers and maintenance staff to facilitate setup.
- MeetingMatrix keeps a permanent record of floor plans so successful setups can be reused without having to be recreated from scratch. Cut and paste parts of existing designs to quickly create new floor plans.
The following prerequisites must be met before configuring the OPERA MeetingMatrix interface (System Configuration>Catering>Meeting Matrix Configuration):
- Install the MeetingMatrix product software. This activity will be handled by OPERA and MeetingMatrix installation staffs.
- Activate the OPERA MeetingMatrix interface add-on license code (OPS_MM). Select System Configuration>Setup>License Codes>S&C>Add-On License.
Note: If you are running OPERA multi-property (MHOT), a MeetingMatrix interface add on license must be active for each participating property.
- Configure property function spaces in OPERA (Configuration>Reservations>Function Space Types and Configuration>Reservations>Function Spaces). See Rooms Screen Function Space Tab for details.
- Define function space setup styles and associate them with function spaces in OPERA (Configuration>Reservations>Function Spaces). See Rooms Screen Function Space Tab for details.
- Define resource items in OPERA (such as tables, chairs, podiums, audiovisual equipment and so on) by selecting Configuration>Catering>Items and working from the Edit Item screen. On the Edit Item screen use the MeetingMatrix Object field to select from a standard set of MeetingMatrix resource objects, thereby associating the OPERA resource item with the MeetingMatrix resource object.
Note: For additional information on associating OPERA resource items with MeetingMatrix resource objects, see Linking OPERA Resource Items and MeetingMatrix Resource Objects, in Configuring the MeetingMatrix Interface.
- When the resource items and resource objects have been associated in this way, MeetingMatrix automatically assigns default size specifications (such as the diameters of tables, heights of podiums, dimensions of risers, etc.) to the OPERA resource items. If the size specifications of your resource items differ from these defaults, you can change the specs later from the Resources Cross-reference Configuration tab during interface configuration. These resource items will be available on the MeetingMatrix control panel toolbars when you are creating a customized room layout. They will also be available for automatic placement in layouts once they have been identified as part of a seating style using the MeetingMatrix Seating Wizard. (Setting up resource items as part of seating styles using the Seating Wizard is described in the MeetingMatrix documentation.)
- Create MeetingMatrix drawing files for each function space. These are the basic master drawings, or "templates," that are the starting point for customized layouts for client event (OPERA and MeetingMatrix installation staffs will assist with this activity, which is described in the MeetingMatrix documentation.) Note that the customized layouts you create for specific events can be saved and reused for the same or other clients so that it is often unnecessary to start from scratch when designing a layout for a new event.
- Configure the MeetingMatrix Seating Wizard. This involves specifying table and chair sizes and preferred chair and table arrangements for the various setup styles. It also involves specifying other kinds of resource items, such as podiums, projector screens, risers, and so on, that will be available with specific setup styles. This wizard will enable MeetingMatrix to automatically design a layout for a function space based on setup style and number of persons. (OPERA and MeetingMatrix installation staffs will assist with this activity, which is described in the MeetingMatrix documentation.)
Note: MeetingMatrix online documentation, which describes in detail how to use the features if the product, is included with the MeetingMatrix software installation.