Revenue Types are categories that are used to track not only revenue, but also costs and margins. Revenue Types will be used during the booking process to gather revenue at different levels (Resources, Events, Booking, Account, Contact). Revenue Types apply to any kind of resource, regardless of whether it is an F&B item, a service, or another item having these characteristics:
- Multiple price types to choose from.
- Selling price that can be customized during the booking process.
- The user will be able to see the margin/profitability on what he/she is selling (items and F&B).
- Price per period.
- The same item can be sold separately or as part of a package.
- Possibility to create a resource on the fly during the booking process.
- Subject to inventory management.
- The same item can see its revenue posted to different transaction codes depending on the location and the event type (mainly for F&B items).
- The item can be included in a package which the Sales Manager can create or edit on the fly during the booking process for flexibility in editing package price.
- Different rights level: one to actualize the revenue according to the event, and one to post the revenue.