Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server Components and the Siebel Web Server Extension >
Configuring the Siebel Gateway Name Server
After you install the Siebel Gateway Name Server, you run the Siebel Configuration Wizard (Siebel Enterprise Configuration) to configure the Siebel Gateway Name Server.
This task is a step in:
To configure the Siebel Gateway Name Server
- Start the Siebel Enterprise Configuration Wizard.
For more information, see Starting a Siebel Configuration Wizard.
- Choose Create New Configuration, then Configure a New Gateway Name Server.
- Provide input as described in Table 7. Click Next to go to the next screen.
Where it is available, click Help to display help text with more information about the settings.
NOTE: You can click Cancel to exit the Configuration Wizard before you complete the configuration.
After you specify or confirm all of your selections, the summary screen appears.
- In the summary screen, do one of the following:
- Click Next again to complete the configuration. Go to the next step.
- Optionally, save a response file in this screen, to use in an unattended configuration, then click Cancel to exit the Configuration Wizard without completing configuration.
- After configuration is complete, click Exit to exit the Configuration Wizard.
To help you to verify that the configuration completed successfully, the log file is referenced at the end of the configuration task.
Configuration Settings for the Siebel Gateway Name Server
Table 7 describes the settings that are requested in the Siebel Configuration Wizard for configuring the Siebel Gateway Name Server. Where it is available, you can click Help to display help text with more information about the settings.
Table 7. Settings for Configuring the Siebel Gateway Name Server
Setting in Siebel Configuration Wizard
Gateway Name Server TCP/IP Port
Specify the port number that this Siebel Gateway Name Server uses for connections from Siebel Server or other components. The default port number is 2320.
Language for Server Messages and Logs
The primary language, which is used for server messages and log files. Language support must be present on the server on which you have installed the software. See also Installing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications with Multiple Languages.
NOTE: This option does not appear for a single-language installation. In this case, the installed language is used as the primary language.
Autostart Gateway Name Server System Service
Specify whether to start the Siebel Gateway Name Server system service automatically when the operating system starts.