Understanding Turndown Service
Turndown appears on reservations as an optional service and is assigned to Housekeeping attendants by generating Turndown Task Sheets. To enable Turndown services, you must have the Room Management parameter Turndown set to Active.
Enabling Turndown on Reservations
To enable Turndown service on a reservation:
- Open the guest's reservation.
- Select the Housekeeping jump.
- Select Edit.
- Check the Turndown checkbox. You can also indicate the guest's preferred time of service.
Generating Turndown Task Sheets
The Turndown Task Sheet identifies Turndown requirements and the attendants responsible for performing the services.
To generate a Turndown Task Sheet:
- Open Room Management Workspace.
- Select I Want To…Generate Task Sheets.
- Complete each stop of the Task Sheets train:
- Resources stop, enter Turndown in Task field.
- Room Criteria stop, check the checkboxes for room status and reservation status
- Instructions stop, use the text fields to add instructions
- Break Out stop, indicate the Task Sheet Order (priority of performing tasks) by Room Number, Floor, or Section.
Viewing Turndown Status
Use the Housekeeping Board jump on Room Management to view the status of Turndowns and other housekeeping tasks. Housekeeping can update the status in the Task Companion.
The following status options are available for Turndown service:
- Required - Shows reservations that are flagged to receive Turndown service.
- Not Required - Shows reservations that do not require Turndown service; for example, the attendant goes to the room and the guest declines the service for that evening.
- Completed - Shows reservations for which Turndown service has been provided on the current date.
Copyright © 2015, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.