Purpose: Use the Work with Promotion Values function to create and change promotions for reporting, analysis, discounting, or messages in order entry.
A promotion code can perform either or both of the following functions:
• Messaging: Set up messages to appear in a pop-up window in order entry for orders using a source code assigned to a promotion.
• Discounting: You can use a promotion to:
- discount merchandise (percentage, prorated discount, or price override)
- apply a negative additional charge
- add free gifts
- discount freight
- discount additional freight
- override the ship via on an order
Available order criteria include:
- date range
- source code or offer
- total merchandise value on the order or within an item category or price code
- total order quantity or quantity within an item category or price code
- ship via priority
- ship-to country or SCF
- pay type
- first-time customers only
- customer group or specific customer
Additionally, you can use promotions for source code reporting and analysis purposes.
In this chapter:
Not in this topic: This topic does not describe promotional pricing. For more information on these menu options, see: