Purpose: Use this screen to indicate whether to consolidate invoices for the same order on the same date.
Yes/no field: Select this field if you wish to consolidate invoices. Any pick slips for an order that ship (bill) on the same day are included on the same invoice.
Related system control values:
• Invoice consolidation does not apply to express-billed orders or credit invoices.
• If this system control value is selected, in order to prevent the generation of multiple copies of the same shipment confirmation, you should leave the system control value unselected and always wait until the day’s billing is complete to generate shipment and return confirmation emails. If you consolidate invoices:
- the system sends a shipment confirmation for the first shipment that goes through billing and sends a shipment confirmation for each subsequent shipment that goes through billing on that same day. In this situation, each subsequent shipment confirmation contains all of the information across shipments (since the shipments are consolidated into one invoice).
- you do not have the option of because the system does not keep track of the last confirmation email generated, so there is no way to prevent the process from generating multiple copies of the same email. See for an overview on generating shipment and return confirmation emails.
Leave this field unselected if you do not want to consolidate invoices. All pick slips produce separate invoices, regardless of when they ship (bill).
• If Consolidated Invoice (B49) is unselected, the system generates a separate authorization request for each pick for the order.
• If Consolidated Invoice (B49) is selected, the system:
Important: After changing the setting of this system control value, end the background jobs and then restart them to make your change take effect.