Purpose: Use this screen to define whether the system generates shipment and return confirmations during billing.
Yes/No field: Select this field if you want the system to generate shipment and return confirmations during billing.
• If you generate shipment confirmations during billing, the system generates a separate shipment confirmation email for each shipment for the order billed on a given date.
• If you generate shipment confirmations during billing and a shipment splits into more than one carton, the system sends a shipment confirmation when the first carton ships and goes through billing, but does not send a shipment confirmation for the other cartons (since billing has already been processed for the shipment). In this situation, the shipment confirmation contains the tracking number for the first carton but, depending on processing time, may not contain the tracking number for the other cartons.
• If you use , in order to prevent the generation of multiple copies of the same shipment confirmation, you should leave the system control value unselected and always wait until the day’s billing is complete to generate shipment and return confirmation emails. If you consolidate invoices:
- the system sends a shipment confirmation for the first shipment that goes through billing and sends a shipment confirmation for each subsequent shipment that goes through billing on that same day. In this situation, each subsequent shipment confirmation contains all of the information across shipments (since the shipments are consolidated into one invoice).
- you do not have the option of because the system does not keep track of the last confirmation email generated, so there is no way to prevent the process from generating multiple copies of the same email. See for an overview on generating shipment and return confirmation emails.
Outbound email API: You can specify to generate a generic outbound XML message, rather than an actual email, for shipment or return notifications. The includes additional information that is not included in the standard email notice. You might choose to generate the XML message so that you can use the information to produce a reformatted HTML email and include promotional information. See for an overview.
Order history message: When a shipment or return confirmation email or is sent, Order Management System creates an order history message such as Retrn Conf to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can review order history messages at the .
For more information: See: