Purpose: Use this screen to specify the price override reason code to use when overriding the regular price of an item for e-commerce (order API) orders.
Code field: Enter the price override reason code to use when overriding the regular price of an item added through the generic order interface (order API).
Price overrides through the generic order interface: When you send the CWORDERIN message, you can include a price override amount in the actual_price attribute. To have this price override amount apply to the order, you can specify a valid price override reason code in the prc_ovr_rsn attribute; or you can use either this system control value or the system control value to provide the price override reason code to assign to the order. The system uses the following logic if there is an actual_price in the CWORDERIN message:
• First check the prc_ovr_rsn specified in the message. If it is valid, use this reason.
• If a prc_ovr_rsn is specified in the message, but is invalid:
- If this system control value (Price Override Reason for E-Commerce) specifies a price override reason, use this reason; otherwise,
- Do not use the actual_price from the message. Use regular pricing logic
• If no prc_ovr_rsn is specified in the message, do not use the actual_price from the message. Use regular pricing logic.
Leave this field blank if you do not allow price overrides through the order API.
For more information: