17.11.8 Managing Navigation Menus
Applications using newer themes, such as Universal Theme - 42, provide navigation with navigation menus.
184.108.40.206 About Navigation Menus
A navigation menu is list with hierarchical list entries. When you create an application, the Create Application Wizard automatically creates a navigation menu for you and populates it with list entries linking to the application pages you have created. The example below shows the Sample Database Application with a navigation menu displaying as a sidebar. In this example, the navigation menu includes list entries for the application pages: Home ; Customers; Orders; Reports; and Administration.
220.127.116.11 Editing Navigation Menu Lists
Since a Navigation menu is a list, you create and edit in the same way as any other list.
You can access Navigation menus in Shared Components in the Navigation region in two ways:
Select the application and then click Shared Components. Under the Navigation region, select Navigation Menu.
Select the application and then click Shared Components. Under the Navigation region, select Lists.
Once you select the Navigation Menu, you edit it as you would any other list.
18.104.22.168 Changing Where and How Navigation Menus Display
Navigation menus can display either as a side bar or at the top of the window. Navigation menus displaying as a side bar are responsive. In other words, based on the available space, the navigation menu displays a full menu or collapses to a narrow icon bar. Navigation menus are controlled at the theme and user interface level. You can change how and where a navigation menu displays by editing the application User Interface Details
To edit the Navigation menu attributes in User Interface Details:
- On the Workspace home page, click the App Builder icon.
- Select the application.
The Application home page appears.
- Access the User Interfaces page:
- Click Shared Components.
- Under User Interface, click User Interface Attributes.
The User Interfaces page appears. Defined User Interfaces display in the User Interfaces region at the top of the page.
- To edit attributes for a specific user interface, click the Edit icon adjacent to the User Interface.
The User Interface Details page appears.
- Under Navigation Menu, edit the following attributes.
- Display Navigation - Turn navigation on or off by selecting Yes or No.
- Navigation Menu List - Select the list utilized for the navigation menu for the application.
- Position - Select the position where you would like your navigation menu to be placed in this application.
- List Template - Select the List Template used to render the navigation menu for the application.
- Template Options - Set Template Options for the List Template used for the navigation menu list for the application.
To learn more about an attribute, see field-level Help.
- Click Apply Changes to save your changes.
- Run the application to view your changes.
22.214.171.124 About Switching from Tabs to Navigation Menus
You can switch from a theme using tabs to a theme using navigation menus if the existing application used one level of tabs was used. If an existing applications uses two levels of tabs, you must convert it to one level before changing the theme.