Verifying Your Configuration for Function Development
Before using Oracle Functions, it's a good idea to confirm that you have successfully completed:
- the tasks for Configuring Your Tenancy for Function Development
- the tasks for Configuring Your Client Environment for Function Development
If you have successfully completed the configuration tasks, the Fn Project CLI will be able to communicate with the API endpoint.
To confirm that the Fn Project CLI can communicate with the API endpoint:
Log in to your development environment as a functions developer.
In a terminal window, try and view a list of applications that have been defined in Oracle Functions by entering:
fn list apps
If you see either of the following, you can proceed to create and deploy functions because your system is configured correctly:
- A message indicating that no applications have been found, which is expected if this is the first time the tenancy has been configured for Oracle Functions.
- A list of applications that have already been created, which is expected if other users are already using the tenancy for functions development.
If you see an error message, it's likely that the Fn Project CLI cannot communicate with the API endpoint due to some incorrect configuration. Do the following:
- Review the configuration tasks to confirm you completed them as instructed (see Configuring Your Tenancy for Function Development and Configuring Your Client Environment for Function Development).
- Review the solutions for common problems (see Troubleshooting Oracle Functions).