Using the Mobile App
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Mobile app let you review alerts, notifications, and limits on the go. Quickly access information about infrastructure resources, billing, and usage data from your mobile device. Read more to learn about installing and using the app.
Alternately, in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, search for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, select the app, and follow the installation steps.
- Android 8 and later versions
- iOS 11 and later versions
To sign in to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Mobile app, use the same credentials and steps that you use to sign in to the Console. For more information, see Understanding the Sign-In Options.
The first time you sign in, you must read and accept the End User License Agreement to access the app.
Your current region is displayed at the top of the mobile app. If your tenancy is subscribed to multiple regions, you can switch regions by selecting a different region from the Region picker.
Switching Time Zones
You can set the mobile app to use UTC time or local time. To switch the time zone:
- In the app, open the Profile menu () and then tap Settings.
- In the Time zone menu, tap Local or UTC.
Navigating in the Mobile App
When you sign in to the app, you see the Home tab.
- The Alarms section displays information about alarms fired within the last 24 hours. For more details, tap an alarm in the list, or navigate to the Alarms tab.
- Tap the tiles in the Resources menu to see details about that type of resource.
- For trial users, the Billing section displays current information about costs associated with resource usage.
The Alarms tab displays details about alarms fired within the last 24 hours. At the top of the tab, use the Compartment picker to select your compartment. To see details about a specific alarm, tap that alarm in the list. For more information about alarms, see Monitoring Overview.
The Resources tab displays details about a selection of resources. At the top of the tab, use the Compartment picker to select your compartment.
Currently, you can view details about the following types of resources in the mobile app.
- Compute instances
- Block volumes
- Object Storage
- Load balancers
- Autonomous Transaction Processing
- Autonomous Data Warehouse
Tap a section to see a list of resources of that type. At the top of the tab, use the Compartment picker to select your compartment. Use the Filter resources text box to search for resource using a free text search based on keywords. For more information, see Search Overview. The indicator next to the resource name let's you know the status of the resource.
To see resource details, tap the resource name in the list. This action takes you to a view that displays information about that resource, including:
- Resource status
- Visualizations with metrics that let you monitor the health, capacity, and performance of your resources
- Metadata for the resource
The Limits tab displays details about your current service limits and usage. The service limit is the quota or allowance set on a resource. For example, your tenancy is allowed a maximum number of compute instances per availability domain. These limits are usually established with your Oracle sales representative when you purchase Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. For more information about service limits, see Sevice Limits.
- Filter the list to the limits you want to see:
- Use the Compartment picker to select your compartment.
- Use the Resource picker to select a service.
- After making your selections, tap Search limits to see the list of limits and current usage.
Each item in the resulting list shows a description of the service limit, the current usage for that service, and the total limit available.
To sign out of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Mobile app, open the Profile menu () and then tap Sign Out.
To open a support request for the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Mobile app, sign in to the Console on a computer and the follow the steps to create a support request. When you create the request, in the issue summary, include the prefix OCI Mobile to specify that the support request is for the mobile app. For more information, see Getting Help and Contacting Support.
Open the Help menu (), go to Support, and click Create support request.
Enter the following:
- Issue summary: Enter a title that summarizes your issue. Avoid entering confidential information.
- Describe your issue: Provide a brief overview of your issue.
- Include all the information that support needs to route and respond to your request. For example, "I am unable to connect to my Compute instance."
- Include troubleshooting steps taken and any available test results.
- Select the severity level for this request.
- Click Create Request.