Creating a Transcription Job
Create and submit a Speech job to transcribe one or more audio files to text files.
Before you begin:
Store your audio files in an Object Storage bucket in your tenancy.
Use the Console to convert your files:
- Open the navigation menu and click Analytics & AI. Under Artificial Intelligence, click Speech.
- Click Create transcription job.
Enter a unique name (255 character limit) for the
project. If you don't provide a name, a name is automatically generated for you.
- Enter a description (400 character limit) for the project. If you don't add a description, it remains empty.
- Select a data input bucket. You can change the compartment if the bucket you want to use isn't in the selected compartment.
Select where you want to store the output files:
Store output files in the input bucket
Store output files in a different bucket
Select a bucket to store the output files in.
You can enter an Output Prefix to separate and sort the files in
For example, you could enter call_ctr for call center audio files.
You can also create an output folder in your bucket by using a forward slash (/). For example,
MyResults/stores all the transcribed files in a
MyResultsfolder in the bucket.
- Choose the language of the audio file. English is the default.
- Select Get SRT transcription format to include both the SRT format and JSON formats in the transcription.
- You can clear Disable punctuation if you don't want your transription punctuated.
Click Add filter to add filters to change
the way the output file is generated.
- Select a filter type. Profanity is the default.
Select the filter mode.
For example, the profanity filter offers these modes:
Any detected profanity is masked in the transcription with asterisks except for the first letter.
Any detected profanity is replaced with one asterisk in the transcription.
Doesn't mask or remove the profanity, rather it marks them as
TYPE: “Profanity”in the transcription.
- Add tags to easily locate and track resources by selecting a tag namespace, then entering the key and value. To add more than one tag, click +Additional Tags.
- Click Next to choose your files for the job.
- Use the check boxes to select the audio files you want the job to transcribe or select them all by clicking the check box next to Name.
Click Submit to start the job.
A job can run in seconds or hours depending on the size and number of files you select. While running, it is in an in progress state that changes to succeeded or failed when it completes. You can select a job to go to its details page.