After you create groups and add users to groups, you can assign roles and provide access to services and instances to all the members of the group at once.
Note that this action assigns the selected roles to all the users in the group in a batch. You can’t assign roles individually if you select the group role assignment.
To assign roles to a user group:
- Sign in to Applications Console or Infrastructure Classic Console.Sign in to the Applications Console if you want to work with Oracle Cloud Applications. Sign in to Infrastructure Classic Console if you want to access Oracle Cloud infrastructure and platform services. If you see Infrastructure Classic at the top of the page when you sign in to Oracle Cloud, then you are using Infrastructure Classic Console and your subscription does not support access to the Infrastructure Console.
- Open the navigation menu. Under Account Management, click Users.The User Management page appears.
- Click the Groups tab.
- In the Groups list page, select the group for which you want to assign roles.
- Select the Roles tab.
- In the Roles page, use the Filter by Service to search for specific services, if required.
- If you want to provide access to all the available services, leave the default selection of All Services in the filter unchanged. The roles you select will be applied to your selection here.
- Select Services, Instances, or both as required, from the Show drop-down list. Or, leave the default selection unchanged to provide access to both services and instances. The roles you select will be applied to your selection here.
- To assign administrative roles to the users in the group, click Add Admin Roles. These roles will be applied to your selections above. Note that Cloud Account roles are hidden, as they cannot be assigned to a group.
- To assign user roles to the users in the group, click Add User Roles. These roles will be applied to your selections above.
- Click < to return to the Groups page.
All the users in the selected group are assigned the specified roles.
To learn more about user management, see Managing Oracle Identity Cloud Service Users in Administering Oracle Identity Cloud Service.