Connect to your organization’s mail server, so analysts can email their reports and data visualizations directly from Oracle Analytics.
- Click Console.
- Click Mail Server.
- Enter the name of the SMTP Server you
want to use to deliver emails.For example,
- Enter the Port number.
Common SMTP ports include:
25(Connection Security = None)
465(Connection Security = SSL/TLS)
587(Connection Security = STARTTLS)
- Enter the name and email address that you want to see in the
“From” field of emails delivering reports
(Display name of sender and
E-mail address of
- Click Test to verify the
If you want to test the connection you must do so before you configure any security settings.
- Optional. If the mail server requires authentication:
- Select Authenticated.
- Enter the Username and Password for a user with access to the mail server.
- Optional. To set up a secure mail server:
- Click Connection
Security, and select the appropriate
security protocol for your mail server.
- SSL/TLS: Select if your mail server uses SSL or TLS. The port value defaults to 465.
- STARTTLS: STARTTLS is a way to take an existing insecure connection and upgrade it to a secure connection using SSL or TLS. The port value defaults to 587.
In TLS Certificate, the Default Certificate is selected for you. The default certificate allows encrypted mail server communication. In most cases, you don’t need to provide a compatible certificate as most mail servers can use the default certificate, including Office 365.
- Optional. Upload a custom TLS certificate. In
TLS Certificate, select
Custom Certificate , and
then click Select to
navigate to the certificate file (.pem).If you haven’t configured a virus scanner, you're prompted to configure one now or proceed without a virus scanner.
- Click Connection Security, and select the appropriate security protocol for your mail server.
- Click Save. Allow some time for your changes to refresh through your system and Email menu options to display.