You can add custom map layers to use in map visualizations.
- Open the Console page and click Maps to display the Map Layers page.
You can perform the following actions when managing System Map Layers and Custom Map Layers.
What action can I perform? System Map Layer Custom Map Layer Enable Yes Yes Disable Yes Yes Create No Yes Delete No Yes
- To add a custom map layer, click Add Custom Layer or drag and drop a JSON file from File Explorer to the Custom Maps area.
- Browse the Open dialog, and select a JSON file (for example, Mexico_States.json).
The JSON file must be a GeoJSON file that conforms to the standard specified in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeoJSON.
Custom layers that use the Line String geometry type aren't fully supported. The Color and Size section on Visualization Grammer pane doesn't apply to line geometries.
- Click Open to display the Map Layer dialog.
- Enter a Name and an optional Description.
- Select the layer keys that you want to use from the Layer Keys list. The layer keys are a set of property attributes for each map feature, such as different codes for each state in Mexico. The layer keys originate from the JSON file. Where possible, select only the layer keys that correspond with your data.
- Click Add. A success message is displayed when the process is complete and the layer is added.