Describes how to scale your Autonomous Data Warehouse on demand by adding CPU cores or storage (TB). Also describes how to enable auto scaling.
Perform the following prerequisite steps as necessary:
Open the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure console by clicking the next to Oracle Cloud.
From the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure left navigation list click Autonomous Data Warehouse.
On the Autonomous Databases page select an Autonomous Database from the links under the Display Name column.
- From the Details page click Scale Up/Down.
- On the Scale Up/Down prompt, select the change in resources for your
- Click up arrow to select a value for CPU Core Count. The default is no change.
- Click up arrow to select a value for Storage (TB). The default is no change.
- To enable auto scaling, select Auto Scaling.
Select auto scaling to allow the system to automatically use up to three times more CPU and IO resources to meet workload demand, compared to the database operating with auto scaling disabled. The additional resources are available until you disable auto scaling by deselecting Auto Scaling. See Use Auto Scaling for more information.
- Click Update to change your resources.
When you click Update with a resource change for CPU Core Count, Storage, or to enable or disable Auto Scaling, the Lifecycle State changes to Scaling in Progress.... After the Lifecycle State changes to Available the changes apply immediately.
Note:If auto scaling is disabled while more CPUs are in use than the specified CPU Core Count, then Autonomous Data Warehouse scales the number of CPU cores in use down to the CPU Core Count number.