Oracle APEX developers need a developer account in each workspace where they wish to build applications. The initial developer account is created when you create a workspace (this account also has Workspace Administrator privilege). These steps show you how to create additional developer accounts for members of your team or reset their passwords. When you create a developer account, a corresponding database user is automatically created.
To create developer accounts and provide direct access to Oracle APEX:
- Sign in to Oracle APEX Administration Services.
See Access Oracle APEX Administration Services for more information.
- Click Manage Workspaces.
- Under Workspace Actions, click Manage Developers and Users.
- On the Manage Application Developers and Users page, click Create User.
- On the Create/Edit User page, in the Username field, enter a username.
- In the Email Address field, enter an email address.
- (Optional) Use the on-screen and in-line help to fill in additional fields.
- In the User is an administrator field, select No.
- In the User is a developer field, select Yes.
- In the Password field, enter a strong password.
See Create Users on Autonomous Database - Connecting with a Client Tool to learn more about the default password complexity rules.
- In the Confirm Password field, confirm the password.
- At the top of the page, click Create User.
Alternatively, click Create and Create Another if you want to create the user and create another user.
To share sign-in details with developers:
On the Autonomous Databases page, under the Display Name column, select the Autonomous Database instance that contains the user and the user's workspace.
On the Autonomous Database Details page click Database Actions.
In Database Actions Launchpad, under Development, right-click APEX and choose Copy URL.
Provide the copied URL, along with the Workspace Name, the Username, and the Password for the developer account you created.
Using this URL developers can access the Oracle APEX environment without having to navigate to the Autonomous Database Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console.
Note:Changing the password of Workspace Administrators and Developers through Manage Developers and Users page or Edit Profile page only affects applications configured with "Application Express Accounts" authentication scheme. To change the password used to access App Builder, use Database Actions or another client to change the password of the corresponding database user.
See Creating User Accounts in Oracle APEX Administration Guide for more information.