You can use a conversation to promote discussion about a topic directly from your site.
Note:For a conversation or conversation list to work on a site, the site must be a secure site limited to specified users or limited to users with the Oracle Content and Experience Users role. See Change Site Security.
To add a conversation list component to a page:
- Navigate to the page you want to edit and make sure that is set to Edit.
- Add the component to the page.
- To edit the component and its appearance, click its menu icon , and choose Settings.
- Choose Custom Settings to select conversations and to select display options.
- Specify a title. The default title is Conversation List. You can choose to display or hide the title by selecting or deselecting the Title display option below.
- Click Add next to the list of conversations to add an existing conversation or to create a new one.
- Select one or more conversations from the list of available conversations or click Create to create and name a new conversation.
- Click Back when you are done.
- Choose the permissions allowed for those who view the conversation list.
- To organize the conversation list, select a conversation and click Move Up or Move Down to change its location in the list order or click Remove to remove the conversation from the list.
- Select a Color Scheme and chose additional Display Options. The display options you select are shown below the name of the conversation in the list.
- When you are done, close the window.
- Use the General tab to modify spacing, alignment, and other presentation options.
- Use the Style tab to format the frame that contains the component with predefined styles or with your own custom choices.
The following image shows a conversation list titled Session Feedback with all display options selected.
Description of the illustration conversation_list.png