Tagging is done by adding keywords that let you find the item quickly.
If your repository administrator enabled smart content on the repository, images are automatically tagged based on the content of the image, but you can also manually add tags to any kind of asset.
You can add tags to files when you upload them or tag them after they’re added, either in the asset area or in a collection. You can also tag content items after they’re created. You can search for items by using a tag as a search term, helping you find files quickly.
Here are things to consider when you’re tagging assets:
- Add as many tags you think you’ll need. Tags can describe the item, the place, the year, the subject matter or whatever you need to identify the object. You decide what tags you need.
- When adding tags, press Enter after each tag. Click Done when you’re finished adding all your tags.
- Tags aren’t case-sensitive. “Lake” is the same as “lake” when you’re tagging.
- You can use special characters, such as asterisk (*) and parentheses (), but avoid doing so. It can make searching for the tagged object difficult.
Note:If you know you want to add more tags to ones that are already done, open your assets and type the tag in the keyword box. Click Find. The files with that existing tag are shown. You can select them all and add a new tag using the instructions detailed here.
Add Tags When Uploading
- Click or tap Assets in the navigation panel.
- Click Upload and select the objects to add. Assets are added by default to the selected repository. Choose a different repository if needed.
- Add the tags for the items or edit the existing tags. Press Enter after each tag. You can also separate tags with a comma, a hashtag (#), or a semi-colon (;) after each tag.
- Click or tap Done when you’re finished adding tags.
Add Tags to Existing Items
You can add or edit tags to uploaded items in the asset list or in a collection. If you want to edit tags in a collection, just select the collection first.
- Find the assets you want to edit, either in a collection or in the asset list.
- Select the items. Click Edit Tags.
- Edit the current tag or add additional tags.
- Click or tap Done when you’re finished.