Content items are created using a content type as a form or template.
To create a content item:
- Click Assets in the navigation panel in your browser.
- Click Create and then select Create new content item. If you’ve created content items before, the last five types you used are shown. Otherwise, select the content type you want to use from those shown.
Note:Content types must be shared with you before you can use them. If you don’t see a content type you expect to see, contact the person managing content types to see if it was shared with you.
- Enter a name and an optional description for the content item.
- Choose the languages used for translations for the item. The available languages are set by the repository where the content item is managed. You can also elect to make the item non-translatable.
- If a taxonomy is associated with the repository, you see the Categories in the right panel. To assign categories to this content item, click Add Category.
- Optionally, choose the collections associated with the item by selecting Tags and Collections in the right panel and locating the collection you want.
- Select Channels in the right panel to choose the channels where this item may be used. The available channels are those that were defined with the repository where the content item is managed. Select the channels and click Add.
- Enter information into the necessary content item data fields. The fields might be
grouped together and certain groups might be collapsed by default. Expand the
collapsed groups to view the additional fields.
Note:Content types may designate that some data fields be set to inherit content from the master item. If you are creating the master item, you will need to populate those fields with the appropriate content. Once the master item is populated, fields designated to inherit from the master item will we prepopulated when a language is added.
- If media is required, you can either select an existing media item in an asset
repository, or add a new media item from Oracle Content and Experience documents, your local computer, or an external source such Google Drive if one
has been configured as a content connector.
- To select media from an asset repository, click
Select. All digital assets are shown.
If smart content has been enabled on the repository, you can see assets recommended for you based on the name, description, and any text fields in your content item. Click Recommendations for You. The top five recommended keywords are added to your search, and additional recommended keywords are shown below the search box. To add another recommended keyword, click it. You can also manually enter another keyword. To remove a keyword, click the X next to it.
Choose an asset to use in the content item, and click OK. If the asset was not already in the collection, it will be added to the collection after you save the content item.
- To add media, click Add and choose to add from Documents, your computer, or a configured content connector. Navigate to the item to add and click OK. Select any categories, collections, channels to assign the item to and add any relevant tags, then click Done to add the item to the repository.
- To select media from an asset repository, click Select. All digital assets are shown.
- If a reference field is available, you can either select an existing content item in
an asset repository, or create a new content item directly from the reference
- To select an existing content item, click Select and navigate to the desired content item.
- To create a new content item from the reference field, click Create and choose the type of content item to create or choose Create a New Content Item from the list, then follow the procedure to create a content item.
When you’re satisfied with the content you created, click Save then Close to exit the Create Content Item screen.
Once you have created and saved the content item, you can see how the content will look with the different layouts associated with the content type by clicking Open to view in a new page or Preview to view in a slide-out panel. By default, the content is set to fit the browser window. You can select other layout options from the drop-down menu to see how the item will look on different devices, in different sizes, or, if configured, on specific site pages. You can also create your own device size. Alternatively, you can view the ruler by clicking . Click one of the intervals under the ruler to see how the item appears at different sizes. When you select a mobile device size you can also select to see how the item appears on a mobile device depending on orientation.