Milestones are a key abstraction in an Integration Insight model. They are points in a business process that represent progress and map to at least one action in the business process implementation.
A Business User/Analyst defines milestones, in collaboration with an Integration Architect who maps the milestones to actions in the business process implementation.
To define milestones:
- In the Oracle Integration navigation pane, click Insight.
- In the Insight navigation pane, click Models.
- On the Models page, locate the model for which you want to define a milestone. If the model is not in Draft status, hover your cursor over the model and click then select Create Draft to create a draft version of the model.
- Click the name or icon of the draft model for which you want to define a milestone.
The model designer is displayed.
- On the Milestones page:
- Enter a name and description for the Initial and Terminal milestones if they do not already exist.
- Click Add a Milestone to define additional milestones for the model.
- For each new milestone, enter a milestone name and description, and select the milestone type.
- (Optional) To delete a milestone, click next to the milestone name, and select Delete.
- Click Save.
Notice that pending tasks are shown under Messages in the right pane. Click the link in each message to perform the necessary task.
Next step: Define Indicators