Creating Alerts on Transactions in Transaction Matching
You can create an alert for one or more Unmatched transactions in Transaction Matching.
Alerts can be added from the Unmatched Transactions dialog or the Transactions tab of the Matching card.
- On the Home page, click Matching.
Use one of the following methods:
- In the Matching page, click the name of the reconciliation, then select the Unmatched Transactions tab.
- In the Matching page, click the Transactions tab.
Select one or more transactions.
On the Unmatched Transactions tab, you can select transactions from either one or both sources at the same time.
From Actions, select Alerts, and then Create
The Actions menu appears only if an alert type has been associated with the match type that you opened. Also, the Alert Type must be set to enabled, by selecting the Enabled option in the alter type definition.
- Enter a unique Name for the alert.
From Type, select an Alert Type from the list of
Administrator-defined Alert Types.
- Only Alert Types that are created for this match type are listed.
- When you select an Alert Type, your alert will inherit any instructions, workflow, users, attributes, questions, and viewers defined in that Alert Type.
- From the Priority list, select a priority for the alert: High, Medium, or Low.
- The Assignee is the person responsible for resolving the alert. This may be a user or team. The default assignee is inherited from the Alert Type. You must specify an Assignee.
- The Approver is inherited from the Alert Type.
- For End Date, specify a Due Date for the alert. This is usually populated based on the object the alert was created on. You must set an End Date.
- For Description, enter a description for the alert, for example "Data has been corrupted".
- Click Ok to create the alert.
Note that the alert ID of the alert that you added is displayed in the Alert ID column.