Address verification is done as part of the Data warehouse job after ingest jobs successfully import address data into the Oracle Unity data model.
Important: Data that is imported with the Near real-time API can't be used for address validation. To ensure that data is used for address validation, use the Streaming API or an ingest job to import the data.
Third-party address validation
Oracle Unity uses the third-party service Loqate as an address validation service. Loqate standardizes its address data coverage based on country of residence. Review the address coverage of Loqate. For U.S. address data, Loqate uses CASS as an additional address validation feature.
Setting up address validation
Contact Oracle Support to set up address validation for your account and make any necessary changes to the configuration of the address validation to meet the needs of your organization.
Address verification demo
Visit the Address Verification page of Loqate to enter sample address data and verify the output data.
Address validation output
You can configure the output of address validation data based on your requirements. It involves the mapping of the Input attribute and the Output attribute. Loqate uses the input attribute to retrieve and validate address data. Validated address data is stored in the output attribute.
Default input field mapping
The table below shows the default field mapping to allow Loqate to retrieve and validate address data.
||Loqate input field|
Default output field mapping
The table below shows the default field mapping for storing validated address data.
|Loqate output field||
Geocode field mapping
If Geocode is enabled, the table below shows the additional default field mapping.
|Loqate output field||
Keep the following in mind when configuring input attribute and output attribute mapping:
- If your mapping has the input attribute and output attribute as the same attribute, then any address data that is validated and corrected will overwrite the existing address data.
- If your mapping has the input attribute and output attribute as different attributes, then any address data that is validated and corrected will be stored as new values.
Address validation attributes
After the Data warehouse successfully runs, the following attributes from the Address data object store validation data from Loqate:
- AV - Delivery Point Validation: Indicates the quality of an address by using the Address Quality Index (AQI). The following values are used.
- A - Excellent
- B - Good
- C - Average
- D - Poor
- E - Bad
Learn more about the Address Quality Index.
- AV - Delivery Point Validation Description: Provides information about the completeness of the validated address data by using the Address Verification Code (AVC) and is made up of the following values.
- The verification status
- The post-processed verification match level
- The pre-processed verification match level
- The parsing status
- The lexicon identification match level
- The context identification match level
- The postcode status
- The matchscore
Learn more about the Address Verification Code.
- AV - Is Valid: Indicates if an address is considered valid. The following values are used.
Validating Oracle Unity address data in the data model
To view the output of validated address data, make sure you do the following:
- To enable address validation, contact Oracle Support.
- Create and run an ingest job to import address data to the data model.
- Run the data warehouse job from the Data feeds page.
- Use the Data viewer to inspect records from the Address data object in the data model.