Google Ad Manager
You can send your first- and third-party data linked to Oracle Data Cloud cookies and mobile advertising IDs (MAIDs) to the Google Ad Manager platform.
Google Ad Manager (formerly known as DoubleClick for Publishers or DFP) provides access to a network of unique users and tools for managing, delivering, and measuring the performance of ads. Use your Oracle Data Cloud platform data with Google Ad Manager to create complex audiences for precise targeting at scale.
Important! Make sure to follow the Google naming standards for audiences that include third-party data.
To send Oracle Data Cloud platform data to Google Ad Manager:
- Get your Google Ad Manager account whitelisted for 1st-party data targeting.
- Install the Google Ad Manager app.
- Create your target audience.
- Create a campaign.
- Create your media targeting campaign in Google Ad Manager.
To deliver your 1st-party data to Google Ad Manager, your account must be whitelisted for targeting. The whitelisting is a one-time operation. If your account is not whitelisted, your data campaigns will fail. Click here for how to get your Google Ad Manager account whitelisted.
Use the install an app workflow to configure the Google Ad Manager app in the Oracle Data Cloud platform. A single app can be used to send first- and third-party cookie and MAID data to Google Ad Manager.
To install the Google Ad Manager app in the Oracle Data Cloud platform:
- Log on to partner.bluekai.com and select Apps > Install Apps.
- Click App Catalog.
- Select the Media Targeting campaign solution type.
Select Google Ad Manager (DFP).
- In the App Name box, enter a unique name that identifies this app configuration.
- From the Pricing Model list, select CPM.
- In the App Specific Settings section, enter your Google Audience Link ID.
- Select an account currency or accept the default value (US dollars). For details, see setting up currency and time zone.
- Leave the Increase Data Delivery Overlap check box selected. This enables the ID swap tag to be fired automatically on your site visitors once every 7 days to maximize the delivery of your first-party cookie data.
- Click Save. The Google Ad Manager app is now enabled in your partner seat.
Learn more: Installing an app
To create an audience to deliver to Google Ad Manager:
- Click New Audience.
- Enter a name for the audience that makes it easy to identify and track in the Google Ad Manager platform using the following syntax: audienceName_campaignName.
- From the taxonomy tree, select the first- and third-party categories you want to deliver to Google Ad Manager. You can target both cookies and MAIDs in the same audience.
- Click Save.
Learn more: Creating an audience
Use the campaign workflow to specify the audience you want to send to Google Ad Manager.
To create a campaign:
- On the Audiences page, select the check box for the audience that you want to send to Quantcast and select Create > Create Campaign.
The audience is associated with the campaign and the Create Campaign window is displayed.
- In the Campaign Name box, enter a name that makes your campaign easy to identify in both Oracle Data Cloud and Google Ad Manager.
- In the Basic Information section:
- Set the start and end dates. By default , the campaign ends one year after the start date.
- From the Status list, select the Active status.
- Click Select Apps, select the Google Ad Manager app that you installed, and then click Add Apps.
- Click Save. Your campaign is created and you are returned to the Campaigns page.
The Oracle Data Cloud platform automatically calls Google Ad Manager's audience APIs to create a new segment in your Google Ad Manager seat. The name of the segment is audienceName_campaignName. You can identify your Oracle Data Cloud audiences in Google Ad Manager by name or by segment ID.
To locate the segment ID of your Google Ad Manager audience, go to the Campaigns page and click the campaign. In the Composition section, the corresponding segment ID (
seg_id) is included in the query string of the pixel URL.
Learn more: Creating a campaign
To create your media targeting campaign in Google Ad Manager:
- Log in to your Google Ad Manager account.
- Navigate to the My orders > Custom criteria. Your audience is listed in the Audience segment box.