You can export from a viewpoint that is bound to a dimension back to a Planning or FreeForm application.
Nodes are exported starting with the top node of the node set. For example, a dimension can contain United States, and all states. If the node set's top node is Texas, only Texas and the nodes under it are exported.
|Your Goal||Watch This Video|
Learn about exporting dimensions.
Tutorials provide instructions with sequenced videos and documentation to help you learn a topic.
|Your Goal||Learn How|
Manually export dimension metadata from Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud to a connected Planning environment, and then import the metadata into Planning
Use EPM Automate to export dimension metadata from Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud, copy it to a Planning environment, and then import the metadata into Planning
Use a Groovy business rule in Planning to export dimension metadata from Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud, and then import the metadata into Planning
It's a best practice to validate the viewpoint bound to the dimension prior to export to ensure data integrity, see Understanding Validations and Constraints.
Use the Validate Before Export option to validate the viewpoint automatically when you export a dimension. See Managing Export Options.
Before you begin:
- To export, you need a minimum of Data Manager permission on the application or dimension that you are exporting from.
- When you register a Planning or FreeForm application, nodes and hierarchical relationships are imported and displayed in the order they were in the application. Nodes and hierarchical relationships are exported in the order they are in Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud. If you want nodes and hierarchical relationships to be exported in alpha numeric order, you can open the dimension's hierarchy set and clear Use Custom Order.
- You can edit the binding keys for a dimension to change the order of the export columns or to specify the direction of each column in the export file. See Editing Binding Keys.
- You can export a defined keyword instead of a null or blank value. See Managing Export Options.
- You can export dimensions to:
- A local csv (comma-delimited) file for each dimension.
- A zip file in the Planning application inbox, using a connection that was setup at registration. The zip file contains a csv file for each dimension.
You can view connection settings by inspecting the application. From Applications, scroll to your application, click , then select Inspect, and then select Connection.
To export a dimension:
From Applications, find your application, then click , and then select Export.
Select the dimension to export.
Optional: In the Summary section, click the dimension name to modify the export options for the dimension in the inspector. See Inspecting Dimensions.
From Export Target, select File or Connection, and then do one of the following:
If you selected Connection, select a connection to export to, specify an export file name, and then click Export.
If you selected File, an export file name is generated. The default file name is Application Name_Dimension Name_Date, for example Planning_Account_20200123.csv, and can be edited before running the export. Your browser settings define the download location. Accept or edit the default filename, and then click Export.
Optional: After the export is complete, if there are validation errors in the export you can click the viewpoint name to open the viewpoint and resolve them. See Resolving Validation Issues. When you have finished resolving the validation issues, from the viewpoint window click Return to Export to return to the export screen.
After you export the dimension, you can import the data into your external application dimension, see Importing Dimension Metadata in Administering Planning .
The application export manages the node-level properties for shared nodes to comply with the requirements of Planning.