If your administrator enabled both Oracle Strategic Workforce Planning Cloud and Workforce, first review the tasks you'll perform in Strategic Workforce Planning. See The Workflow for Strategic Workforce Planning.
In general, you'll perform Workforce tasks in this order:
- Before creating or updating plans and forecasts, run these business rules: Synchronize Defaults and Calculate Compensation.
Access these business rules from Compensation Planning, then Manage Employees, then Existing Employees.
Set up user variables.
- Review or enter workforce assumptions and defaults. Your administrator may have set up initial assumptions.
Use Compensation Planning, then Assumptions and Defaults.
- Update workforce details.
See the table below.
- Run the Calculate Compensation business rule again to recalculate values.
- Review dashboards and analytics.
- Report on data using data maps.
You might not see all the features described in this section, depending on which features your administrator enabled.
To get started, click Workforce , and then select a component.
Table 13-1 Strategic Workforce Planning Tasks
|Tasks||Perform These Tasks||More Information|
||Managing Compensation Expenses|
||Managing Noncompensation Expenses|
||Analyzing Workforce Expenses|