A hiring requisition adds placeholder expenses to the workforce budget until someone is hired to fill the requisition. When an employee is hired to fill the hiring requisition, the placeholder hiring requisition expense is transferred to and associated with the hired employee.
- Granularity type Employee or Employee and Job
- New Hires option under Workforce Management
When workforce demands exceed the number of available employees, you can use New Hires functionality to:
- Add a hiring requisition to be filled by an employee
- Change the status of a hiring requisition
- Associate a hiring requisition with an employee
- Remove hiring requisitions
- Calculate the resulting compensation expenses
Workforce initially provides 100 blank New Employee Hiring Requisitions, which you can use and then add more when you need to. To add a hiring requisition, use Compensation Planning, then Manage Employees, and then Add Hiring Requisition from Actions. (Use the same sequence for the other hiring requisition options.)
When you fill a hiring requisition by hiring an employee, you associate the hiring requisition with the employee. The reconciled FTE value equals the Hiring Requisition FTE value. In other words, the FTE and headcount is reduced for the hiring requisition and assigned to the associated employee.
To associate a hiring requisition to an employee:
- Add a hiring requisition, if needed.
- Associate the employee with the hiring requisition.This action transfers the FTE/headcount to the existing associated employee. The new hire requisition properties Reconciled FTE and Reconciled Headcount are populated. See Hiring Employees.
- After the hiring requisition available FTE is assigned to an existing associated employee, you may opt to remove the hiring requisition because it no longer contributes to workforce compensation expenses.