When workforce demands exceed the number of available employees, you can add hiring requisitions to be filled by employees. You can create multiple requisitions simultaneously, set their FTE, their employee type, their time span, and their salary.
For an overview, see Managing Hiring Requisitions.
This topic applies only to the Employee and the Employee and Job granularity options.
To add hiring requisitions:
- Click Compensation Planning, then Manage Employees, and then New Hires.
- Click Actions, and then Add Hiring Requisitions.
- At Requisition Details, set these aspects, and then click Next:
- Number of requisitions you're adding
- FTE value for each
- Employee Type (for example, Regular, Contractor, or Temporary)
- For Calendar Information, select the Start Year and Start Month to set when the requisition's expenses are to be included in expense calculations, and then click Next.
Optionally, select the End Year and End Month if you know the end date for an employee. Specifying an ending period is especially useful for temporary employees; doing so saves you from having to plan their departure using the Plan Departure rule. Calculations for their workforce expenses then begin and end with their start and end dates. Note that if you use the ending period option, you must select both the end year and month.
- At Job and Salary Options, select:
- Which Job the requisition is for
- Which Union Code the requisition is for
- The option for setting the requisition's salary:
- Salary Defaults: Select to set the salary based on the salary defaults, which are set on the Defaults tab of Compensation Planning.
- Salary Basis and Rate: Select to directly enter the salary rate (for example, 6000) and basis (for example, Monthly).
- Salary Grade: Select to set the salary by selecting a salary grade. Your administrator imports salary grades, and you set the defaults for new hires by selecting Compensation Planning, then Assumptions, and then Salary Grades.
If you don't select a salary option, then the salary defaults are used. Selecting either Salary Basis and Rate or Salary Grade overrides any salary default assignments.
- Click Launch.
The Additional Earnings, Benefits, Taxes, headcount, and so on are calculated for the specified requisitions during the time range you specified.
If needed, you can later change the Salary Rate, Salary Basis, Salary Grade, Status, or end period for a hiring requisition you’ve added. See Updating Hiring Requisitions. To update the salary after the to-be-hired (TBH) has been associated with a hired employee, see Updating Employee Compensation.