After you've added a hiring requisition, you can update its status description, salary, or time span. You can also remove a requisition.
To remove a requisition, follow Step 1 below, click the Actions gear, and then Remove Hiring Requisition. When a requisition is deleted, its associated FTE/headcount and compensation expenses are no longer included in calculations.
To update a hiring requisition:
- Click Compensation Planning, then Manage Employees, and then New Hires.
- Select the requisition to update.
- Click the Actions gear, and then Change Requisition.
- At Change Requisition, select the option that applies, and then click Next:
- Status—Select to set an informational description to the requisition: New, Active, Approved, Unapproved, On-hold, or Closed.
- Salary—Select to update the salary basis, rate, or grade for the requisition. Skip to Step 5.
- Extend Calendar—Select to change the requisition's end date. Calculations for a requisition's workforce expenses begin and end with the requisition's start and end dates. Skip to Step 6.
- Reduce Calendar—Skip to Step 7.
- To update the salary associated with the requisition:
- Select the Year and the From Period to set the effective date for your updates.
- Select the option for setting the salary:
- Salary Defaults—Select to set the salary based on the salary defaults, which are set on the Defaults tab of Compensation Planning.
- Salary Basis and Rate—Select to directly enter the salary rate (for example, 6000) and basis (for example, Monthly).
- Salary Grade—Select to set the salary by selecting a salary grade. Your administrator imports salary grades, and you set the defaults for new hires by selecting Compensation Planning, then Assumptions—and then Salary Grades.
If you don't select a salary option, then the salary defaults are used. Selecting either Salary Basis and Rate or Salary Grade overrides any salary default assignments.
- To extend the time span for the requisition:
- In Copy Properties from, select the month to use as the basis for which requisition properties to copy to the extended range. This option enables you to carry forward into the extended range such aspects as FTE, Status, Employee Type, and Pay Type.
- Select the End Year and End Month.
Specifying an end month and year saves you from having to plan their departure using the Plan Departure rule. Note that you must select both the end year and month.
- To reduce the time span of the requisition, select the End Year and End Month.
You must select both the end year and month.
- Click Launch.
The Additional Earnings, Benefits, Taxes, headcount, and so on are calculated for the specified requisitions during the time range you specified.