This topic applies only to Excel-based reference doclets.
Reference doclet authors or approvers can add available content to a reference doclet. Available content is based on the named ranges specified in the reference doclets (as described in Defining Named Ranges in Excel-based Reference Doclets).
In Oracle Smart View for Office, you use the Properties dialog box to detect the named ranges and specify them as available content. When the reference doclet is checked in to the report package, an automated refresh is performed that updates any changes that were made in the reference doclet and to any doclets that have embedded content that points to the reference doclet.
Prior to beginning this procedure, ensure that the author phase has been initiated.
Doclet authors cannot add available content definitions.
- Open the report package.
- Open, and then check out the reference doclet.The reference doclet should open in Excel. If you opened the report package in Word or PowerPoint, Excel is launched when opening the reference doclet.
- Click Inspect in the Narrative Reporting ribbon ribbon to launch the Properties dialog box.
Alternatively, with the reference doclet selected in the report package list, click the View Properties link to access the Properties dialog box.
- Select the Available Content tab.
Figure 17-17 Properties Dialog Box - Available Content Tab
- Click the Add button, , to launch the Add Report Content dialog box.
In Add Report Content, all available content in the reference doclet is displayed.
- Select the check box next to the content which you want to make available for embedding later.
For example, in Figure 17-18, the available range, "MyRange" is selected.
Figure 17-18 Add Report Content Dialog Box
- Click OK to go back to the Available Content tab of the Properties dialog box.
Figure 17-19 Properties Dialog Box - Available Content Tab with Content Added
- Click the X in the upper right corner of the dialog to close it.
- Upload, and then check in the reference doclet.The content you just added is now available for embedding into doclets.
- Continue with Embedding Content in a Doclet.
Optionally, to maintain or delete content in the reference doclet, continue with Updating Excel-based Reference Doclet Content or Deleting Available Content from an Excel-based Reference Doclet.