This topic applies to Office-based and non-Office-based doclets of all types, including reference and supplemental, and of all supported file formats.
For detailed information on doclets, reference doclets, and supplemental doclets, click Inspect in the Narrative Reporting ribbon.
The Inspect button launches the Properties dialog box.
From the Properties dialog box, you can also download previous versions of a doclet, reference doclet-, or Office-based supplemental doclet.
All steps in the following procedure are optional.
To view information about a doclet, reference doclet, or supplemental doclet:
- If the report package is not already open, in the Smart View Panel, navigate to the report package and open it.
- Select a doclet, reference doclet, or supplemental doclet in the list and click the Inspect button in the Narrative Reporting ribbon.
- In the Properties dialog box, view the information the Properties tab (the default tab).
The Properties tab displays basic information about the doclet, such as the file name, doclet type, and the user who created it.
Figure 17-44 Properties for a Doclet
Figure 17-45 Properties for a Reference Doclet
Figure 17-46 Properties for a Supplemental Doclet
- Click the Embedded Content tab, , to view the embedded content that is being used in the doclet.
- Click the History tab, , to view audit information about the doclet , such as the user who last updated it (if applicable).
- Click the Version tab, , to download previous versions of Office-based doclets.
As new versions of doclets are checked in, the previous versions are stored so that you can download and view them to see what changed.
To download a previous version of a doclet, click the link next to the version that you want to view.
A message notifies you of the location of the downloaded doclet .
You may download any type of doclet; however, only Office-based doclets may have previous versions.