Generating reports is the final step in the process. After a Service Administrator has built the custom report, any user, group, or team granted access can generate the report.
A Service Administrator can also use REST API commands to generate a report. For detailed information, see Generate Report for Financial Consolidation and Close and Tax Reporting in REST API for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud. For large reports, the
runAsync parameter for report generation in REST API allows reports to run asynchronously (value of true).
To generate reports:
- From the Home Page, click Reports.
- Select a tab:
- Task Manager Reports
- Supplemental Data Reports
- Select the report you want to generate. You can use the quick Search option to find a report under a selected group.
- Select the Output Format from one of the following:
- XLSX - not supported for graphs.
- HTML - not supported for graphs and charts.
CSV - does not use a template and is better at faster data retrieval.
Note:For reports that contain more than 10,000 records, it is recommended to use the CSV format.
CSV (Formatted) - is best suited for a simple data table with formatted data and does not support images, graphics, or styling in the template.
The CSV (Formatted) format takes additional time to generate the report to honor template formatting when compared to the CSV format. Therefore, you can select CSV to generate the data quickly or CSV (Formatted) to generate formatted template based data.
- Click Generate.
- Enter the Name, Schedule, and Period from the drop down menus.
- Click Generate.
When done, the system displays a "Completed Successfully" status message.
- You can use the Back button to preserve the parameter values that you have selected and regenerate the report.
- You can use the Reset button to clear the parameter values that you have selected and regenerate the report.
- Select Open with or Save File to save the ZIP file.
The report generation process uses a backend job framework that runs report jobs in the background. If the report has an error, for example, if the size is greater than the recommended size, you see a message stating the error in the Generate Report dialog before the report is generated. For reports with very large number of records, it is recommended to use filtering to break the report down to fewer records.