Collecting Facebook Lead Ads data
Using Oracle Eloqua's Facebook Lead Ads app, you can capture data from a Facebook lead ad and push it to Oracle Eloqua. The app provides an audience feeder on the campaign canvas and program canvas that maps Facebook form fields to Oracle Eloqua contact fields. The app updates the contact or creates the contact if it does not yet exist.
- Facebook Lead Ads app must be installed by a customer administrator.
- You must have a Facebook account and lead ads feature.
- Facebook Lead Ads must use a form to collect user information. The form must contain an email field so that it can be mapped to the Eloqua email contact field.
- You must have page admin access.
- To be able to collect leads into Oracle Eloqua, the credentials used in Eloqua should have right permissions in Facebook. For additional information, see the following Facebook documentation:authenticate additional Facebook credentials by configuring the app (Settings > Apps, under the Platform Extensions section) if you have client administrator rights.
To collect Facebook Lead Ads data:
- Open an existing campaign or create a new one.
- Click on the Audience section to expand it, and view all available audience elements, including installed apps.
- Drag the Facebook Lead Ads App Feeder onto the campaign canvas.
- Double-click the element to open the configure screen. The window that opens enables you to do the following:
- Change the name of the step to something more meaningful.
- Configure the element.
- Click the Edit icon to configure the element.
Note: If you are using Firefox and the configuration screen does not load, please disable tracking protection in your browser.
- Select a Facebook credential from the list. The available pages load.
- Select a Facebook page from the list. The available forms load.
- Select a Facebook form that is capturing the lead data you want to collect. If you select a multi-page form, or a form that has conditional questions, all of those form’s Facebook lead ad fields are available for you to map to Eloqua contact fields.
- Map your lead ad fields to the Oracle Eloqua contact fields. Your Facebook lead ad must contain an email field, and it must be mapped to the Eloqua email contact field. Click delete to remove any fields you do not want to map.
Tip: You can map Facebook lead ads tracking parameters to Eloqua fields to pass hidden details with the form submission to accurately track and measure campaign effectiveness. To do this, you must first set up tracking parameters in Facebook.
- Set the timing options for the feeder:
- Run Every: Select the frequency for the feeder (from 15 minutes up to 1 day).
- Until: Select the end date.
- Click Save.
When contacts flow through the audience element, the mapped data is added to Oracle Eloqua.
Facebook Lead Ads documentation: Use lead ads tracking parameters to understand channel effectiveness