Installing the Facebook Lead Ads app
During Facebook Lead Ads app installation, you configure at least one Facebook account.
Important: The installation process must be done by a user with client administrator rights.
To install the Facebook Lead Ads app:
- Follow the URL provided:
Note: If you have IP whitelisting enabled,
add internal Eloqua IPsto your whitelist.
- Click Get App.
- Log in with your Eloqua credentials, if required.
- Click Accept and Install to add the app to your Apps list.
- Configure the app:
Click the Add Credentials card to add a Facebook credential. The Create Credential dialog box opens.
- Enter a description.
- Click Login with Facebook. If you are already logged in to Facebook, your account is authenticated. If you are not logged in, you are prompted to do so in a new window.
- Click Save to save your Facebook credential.
At least one Facebook credential must be added to save your changes and complete the configuration. You can return to this configuration at any time to add multiple Facebook credentials and set a default. You can also modify or remove existing accounts.
Icons on the top right corner of the cards indicate if there are problems with any of the credentials:
- A red icon is displayed when the credentials are incorrect. For example, if the user changed their Facebook password but hasn't updated it in Eloqua.
- A yellow icon is displayed when the user does not subscribe to the Facebook Lead Ads service or does not have any Facebook pages associated with their account.
Warning: Deleting or modifying a Facebook credential will invalidate existing campaigns using the credential. The Facebook Lead Ads step will need to be re-configured with a new credential.
- Click Save to complete the configuration.
- Click Sign In to grant permission for the app to communicate with Eloqua on your behalf.
- Click Accept or switch users.
The app is now installed and can be viewed in your Apps list (Settings > Apps, under the Platform Extensions section). Select an app to view a description, modify the configuration settings, reinstall, or uninstall it. You can also check its status and dependencies.
Warning: To modify configuration settings, navigate to Apps, select your app, and click the Configure icon . Selecting the Reinstall icon will force you to go through the entire configuration process again. The app will be unavailable for all users during the reinstall.