Exporting contacts or accounts
Using the data export tool, you can export contacts, accounts, or activities one-time or on a regular basis. The export is made available via a link to an Oracle Eloqua hosted URL. You can also upload the export file to a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) server.
Note: The exported file is available at the Oracle Eloqua hosted URL for 14 days.
Before you begin:
- Data export timeouts occur after 6 hours for contacts and after 1 hour for accounts.
- Port 22 must be used for SFTP transfers to and transfers from Eloqua.
- Oracle Eloqua uses Rebex SFTP for connecting to SFTP server. Please refer to the following Rebex documentation for a list of supported security algorithms.
- If you want to export contact activities (like bouncebacks, clickthroughs, etc.), your administrator must set up Oracle Eloqua to capture the activity data to an internal queue. To do this, set up an external call to an internal queue. Then your administrator must configure what activities to capture. To set up the external call to an internal queue, log in to My Oracle Support and create a service request. See this knowledge base article about the internal queue and this knowledge base article about capturing activities for more information. After this configuration is complete, Oracle Eloqua will begin collecting the activity data going forward.
To export contacts, accounts, or activities:
- Navigate to Audience > Tools, then click Data Export and Import.
- Click the Data Export tab.
- Click Add .
- On the Export Settings tab, configure the export:
- To compress the export file, select the Compress File (.zip format) check box.
- To add a date stamp to the export file, click the Append Date Stamp check box and select the date format.
To upload the export file to an SFTP server, complete the following steps:
- Click the Also upload the file to my SFTP server check box.
- Click the server from the Server drop-down list or click Add to add the SFTP server information. Complete the information about the server:
- Name: A descriptive name for your SFTP server.
- Server URL: The fully qualified URL for your SFTP server.
- Username: The user name to log on to the SFTP server and upload the export file. This user must have administrative access.
- Authentication Method: The authentication method for the user, either Password or SSH key. If you want to use SSH keys, you must set them up first.
- Click Test Connection to ensure the information you entered is correct.
- Specify where to store the file export on the SFTP server in the Path text box (either a relative path or absolute path).
- To run the export on demand, click the On demand option.
- To schedule the export to run on a regular basis, click On these days and specify the schedule.
- To receive an email notification about the success or failure of the export, click the Notify me about this export and configure the notification settings. The email notification contains a link to download the export. If you do not set up a notification email, you can use the Overview tab to download the latest export from the Oracle Eloqua hosted URL.
- Click the Data tab to configure the data to export.
Configure the data to export
- Specify what to include in the export, either all records or only records that change.
- Specify whether you are exporting contact, account, or activity data from the Data type drop-down list.
- If you selected contact data, configure additional options about the data to export:
- Specify what contact fields to export: All contact fields or only those in a Specific contact view.
- Specify whether to export All contacts, a Contact list, or contact Segment members.
- Click the Format tab and configure the format for the exported export file.
You can change the file extension and the format of the file. The default format is
- Click Save.
After you finish: To export now, click the Overview tab and click Run now. Otherwise, the export will run according to the schedule you specified on the Export Settings tab.
After the export runs, a link to download export is sent to the email address. The export is available from that link for 14 days.
If you delete the data export, all related export files are removed from the Oracle Eloqua hosted URL.