Hiding cells in the mobile or desktop view
With this feature, you can optimize the mobile versions and desktop versions of your Oracle Eloqua emails and landing pages. When you use Hide in Mobile or Hide in Desktop on a content component, that component is hidden in the specified view (mobile or desktop) in a sent email or live landing page, as well as in the Design Editor and the preview.
Important: This feature is tested in Eloqua's supported email clients and web browsers. Always conduct your own tests in the email clients and browsers that matter most to your business. It is advised that your design should gracefully fall back if the hide feature does not work in a given email client or browser.
For example, does the your email or landing page's content look too crowded in its mobile version? You could use Hide in Mobile on some of the components to improve your email or landing page's readability on mobile devices. Certain content or designs may only be relevant for mobile and can also be hidden in desktop
Before you begin, note the following:
- The hide in mobile feature is not supported in
Sales Tools for Microsoft Outlook.
- Sales users will see the default desktop view only.
To hide a content component for the mobile or desktop view:
- With your email or landing page open, select either the Full or Mobile view.
Selecting Full lets you use the Hide in Mobile option, while Mobile lets you use Hide in Desktop.
- Click on a content component to open its configuration panel.
- If you are in the Full view, click Hide in Mobile. If you are in the Mobile view, click Hide in Desktop.
- (Optional) After hiding a component for one of the views, switch to that view. For example, if you hid a button with Hide in Mobile, switch to the Mobile view.
You can now see the new layout for this view of your email, and you can assess if there are any other components you would like to hide.