Creating new landing pages and templates using the HTML upload wizard
With Eloqua, you are able to upload HTML landing pages that were created outside of the application, after uploading the content you can edit the code using the Source Editor. The content can be uploaded as a new landing page that can be used directly, or as a template that can be reused within the application to create new landing pages.
Important: When creating an HTML landing page outside of Eloqua, you should make sure that your code adheres to the code requirements.
To create a landing page or template using the HTML upload wizard:
Navigate to Assets , then click Landing Pages.
Click Upload a Landing Page.
Click Upload Landing Page to import a landing page, or click Upload Template to import a landing page template.
Note: The following steps are the same for both uploading a landing page and uploading a template.
Click on the cloud graphic to begin the wizard. Browse to the location of your HTML or ZIP file for the landing page that you want to upload, then click Open. Then, click Next Step.
In the Process Files step of the upload wizard, review the list of images and other files and choose to either use the existing files or upload new ones.
Choose one of the options listed beside each image:
- Use Suggested Image: Choose this option if the image is already in the image library. If an image is available that matches the title of the image file in the HTML code, the application will automatically suggest that file as the correct mapping.
- Upload New Image: Choose this option if the image is not in the library. Click the Upload New button, then navigate to the designated file (often in a subfolder of the HTML file), double-click on the file name, then click Upload to upload the image to Eloqua. Once uploaded, a thumbnail of the image is shown.
- Do Nothing: Choose this option if you do not wish to change the image shown in the thumbnail, select for that image.
Click Next Step, when you are finished.
In the Process Links step, all hyperlinks in the uploaded landing page are listed. If you want to track these hyperlinks and ensure that clickthroughs are reported in Eloqua, select the Track Link check box next to each hyperlink. If you wish to track visits to all links in the landing page, click the Track All button in the upper-left hand corner. Repeat as required, then click Next Step.
In the Finish step of the upload wizard, name your HTML document and, if needed, change the destination folder where you want it to be stored. This is an optional step, the location can be changed at a later date if required.
If you are uploading a template, you also have the option to add a description, and choose the image that will represent this template in the Template Chooser.
Select the Use Thumbnail check box if you want a thumbnail image of your template to be shown in the Template Chooser. If you clear this check box, you are presented with the option to select either a generic (blue) icon, or by clicking Change Icon
, you can choose one of the available icon designs shown below.
Click Finish to complete the upload process. The upload wizard closes and the Source Editor opens.
If you want to make changes to the uploaded landing page, click one of the page view buttons in the upper right-hand corner to open the HTML pane (you can choose to set the pane to the right, or along the bottom of the screen).
Add content to the uploaded landing page as needed. Elements can be added using one of the following methods:
- Type the HTML code directly into the HTML pane.
- Click one of the icons on the left-side pane. Locate the element that you want to add in the browser, then drag-and-drop the element into the code at the desired location. When an element is added in the HTML code, the preview pane reflects the change.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner.
The landing page or template is saved.