Adding individual contacts to segments
You can select individual contacts to a segment. This is ideal when you want to ensure that you include a specific contact in your segment.
Good to know
- Existing Oracle Eloqua customers can have the option to enable Segment Configuration for TimeZone. This feature evaluates date/time field filters in the executing user's timezone. Previously, all filtering was based on Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5:00).
- To enable Segment Configuration for TimeZone, log a service request with My Oracle Support. Once you enable this feature, it cannot be reversed.
- Newly provisioned Oracle Eloqua instances will have Segment Configuration for TimeZone enabled by default.
- Filter operators are divided into two categories: Static Operators (before, after, on or before, on or after, on, within) and Dynamic Operators (dynamically equal to, dynamically before, dynamically after, dynamically on or before, dynamically on or after, within the last, within the next).
- If Segment Configuration for TimeZone is enabled, Static Operators will use the filter creator's time zone to convert criteria and store it in the database. Segment filter execution is based on these database values, which are already converted into Eastern Standard Time (EST). No Conversion is done during execution.
Example: A contact's DateCreated operator is before 2021-04-03. If the user who created the filter is from Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), Oracle Eloqua converts the date entered from 2021-04-03 12:00:00 AM in AEST to 2021-04-02 9:00:00 AM in EST to store in the database. When executing the filter, the segment finds all contacts with the created date before 2021-04-02 9:00:00 in EST.
- If Segment Configuration for TimeZone is enabled, Dynamic Operators will use the executing user’s time zone to calculate results.
Example: A contact's DateCreated operator is dynamically equal to "today". If a user executing the filter is from AEST and "today" in AEST is 2021-04-22 5:00 AM, Oracle Eloqua finds all contacts with the created date 2021-04-22 in AEST, which is from 2021-04-21 10:00 AM to 2021-04-22 9:59:59 AM in EST. Conversion is done during filter execution with the executing user's time zone.
To add an individual contact to a segment:
Navigate to Audience , then click Segments.
- Open an existing segment, or create a new one.
Click Add in the left pane, then click Individual Contacts .
Click Add in the right pane.
Search for the contacts you want to add.
Click the contact name in the search results, then click Add Contacts.
The contact is now listed in the contact editor.
Tip: If you have the right Contact Interface Access setting, you can right-click on the contact then click Open Contact to see contact details.
To give the criterion a descriptive name or brief description, in the left pane, double-click the name or description. This will help you easily identify the segment's criteria.
- Click Save.